Thursday, May 20, 2010

There is no way that I should get a reply...

Ok - I've replied back... seriously... I do NOT expect to get a reply to this email.  It's definitely treading closer to the edge.  I had to reel it in a bit in areas... enjoy!

Hi Alla!

Thank you for the letter.  I was so happy to get it!  I also find myself thinking of ways to get out of work quickly to rush home and see if you've written me.  Usually I'll use the exit to the east of the building, but something told me to try west today and it managed to save me at least a few minutes off of my commute, allowing me to get home faster to write you this email.

I must admit, I look forward to hearing from you.  I do have this little problem and sometimes I get too excited and I lose control of my body and tinkle just a bit in anxiousness.  I think I've changed at least three times today.  Ah - you do things to me Alla!

It's funny that you mentioned finding a kitten in your journey to the cafe.  I love cats. I have two of my own.  My male's name is Frazzlebutt and my female cat is named Ms. Princesses'.  They are very affectionate. 

I can tell by the way you describe your interaction with the kitten that you have a good heart, that you are a caring person and that such a simple thing as a stray kitten that won't leave your side can make you enjoy this thing we call life.  He probably just wants to be close to you, as most beings would long to be... close to you.  Why do birds, suddenly appear, every time, you come near?  It's the same reason... it's a thing of beauty... it's a thing.  Oh you are correct Alla, if I was there to see it, I would be a bit ridiculous, but it would be fun!  A name - what to call the kitten?  If it were I, I might select a noble name like "Jumby".  Jumbalucious Arenagone was a poet, world traveler and antique fossil collector that I met when I was very young.  He happened to be at the NHL Old Timers game that my father took me to in my hometown.  I did not know who he was at the time, but he sat right beside us to watch the game.  We talked for hours, barely noticing the game, about his many adventures.  He happened to have a copy of some of his writing and he gave it to me as a gift.  His full name was on the cover, but inside he wrote "Thanks for the popcorn, Jason.  It was great meeting you.  Love Jumby".  I read this book many times, and the poems were so beautiful.  So - if I was to choose a name, it would be "Jumby".

In time we will learn much more about each other... but for now all we have is this moment, and well, each email moment that comes after this one.  Come to think of it, we've got some time, let's take it slow.

For now - I will answer your questions in hope that in one of these emails, you will answer mine...

I love to spend my free time looking through double paned glass, out at the world and wondering what could be if I tried just a little bit harder than I did today.  I know this may sound funny, but I do try to be a better person each day and the two panes help magnify my vision a bit, it's a clarifying effect.  I read quite a bit, Emerson, Lake and Palmer, the passionate writings of Jacques Cousteau, and the occasional trashy romance novel.  Yes - I like a good romance novel every now and then... I'm a bit of a romantic.

I do love nature and try to get out in it as much as possible!  Walking is one of my many talents.  Dancing on the other hand, I'm not that good at, but yes, I would definitely dance with you!  Would you teach me to be a better dancer?  Ah, I must go change again.

Congratulations on achieving your diploma, are there different color diplomas for different fields of study?  What was your major area of focus?

Men are the best cooks, Alla.  There is no lie to this I assure you.  I can cook complex meals and do so almost every night.  A complex meal for one is a bit uncalled for, but I do it nonetheless, with vigor!  I love to cook, almost as much as I love to eat.  Many of my recipes have been handed down from previous generations, things like steak, and baked potatoes.  Sometimes I'll make side dishes even though I know I'm not going to eat it all myself... oh who am I kidding, of course I'll eat it.  Hahah..  sometimes I make myself laugh.

I do not come with a manual Alla.  Sometimes in life, you just need to fly commando and see what happens.

I hope that your day went well and that this letter finds you happy and smiling.

I've attached a picture of a myself and some friends in a Blues Brothers type pose, a cat, and some geese coming out of a small lake.  All things that mean a little something to me...

I'd love to see some pictures you've taken from around your city. 

I look forward to hearing from you again.

Jason

No comments:

Post a Comment