Monday, June 21, 2010

The Sabantuy email from Alla

She responded very quickly and decided to tell me about the holiday that she mentioned in the previous email.

Hello my loved Jason!!

Today a weekend, my love. Today at me good mood, as today at us in a city a holiday of our people. This holiday is called Sabantuy. My love, this holiday is celebrated for a long time. During its ancient times celebrated only the Tatar people, but now this holiday celebrate as practically across all Russia. The holiday is devoted the termination of crops of agricultural crops. This very cheerful action: during this holiday competitions on the Tatar struggle are held is a struggle is very similar to the Greek-Roman struggle, but nevertheless it has the differences. The winner of these competitions receives in the award of a ram. As horse jumps are spent. This kind of competitions is very popular in our people. In general, this day all people have a rest from work, spend much time with the family, meet families of the friends.

This day at us as all family has gathered, to us there have arrived my uncles and aunts, cousins and sisters, friends to our family. Even my old grandmother, despite the age, has arrived to spend this time together with us. I was very glad to that today all of us were together. Only you did not suffice nearby, my love Jason! I very much would want, that you were today with me. You could get acquainted with all my relatives, friends, girlfriends. I think, that all of them would like you, because all of them very good and benevolent people. And so, today since morning till a dinner we sat all our big family at a beautiful celebratory table, we talked much, discussed various themes. My uncle to whom 62 years, asked me when I will marry. And when I have started to tell about you all have started me to listen attentively. I have told all about you, my sweet prince! I have told what you the good and careful man. Anybody was confused at all with that we with you correspond through the Internet. All my relatives and friends were glad to that I have found the love. And after that all at once have drunk for that at you and at me all was good that we have created a happy family soon. I was very glad to that all my relatives have approved you, my love. Then we all family have gone on Sabantuy which was celebrated in a grove in the country. There it was very cheerful, there were various concerts, all sang songs, danced. But among all this fun, me it was boring without you.

I very much want, that we were faster together, my love. I wish to get acquainted with all your family, with all your friends. I wish to be every day near to you, my love. I very much do not have your love and caress! I love you very strongly!!! Write me more likely the letter, tell to me about the weekend. I will wait your long-awaited answer.

Your love Alla.

I did a quick Wikipedia search and found that this was a real festival.  Wikipedia explained it to me much better than Alla did. This does fit with what she told me in this post.

She attached the following pictures, which I was hoping to have the metadata tell me that they were not from this year, but unfortunately they seem to be missing that data.  They are taken with the same camera as many of the previous pics.





No comments:

Post a Comment